Tuesday 13 May 2014

[Bout of Books] Highly anticipated books

Here are some books that I am really looking forward to reading come summer:

"The World of Yesterday" / "Die Welt von gestern" by Stefan Zweig: Joined a GR groups about Zweig, whom I loved forever, but read by far not enough. So this starts in June and I'll probably only be able to join in July, but I'm so looking forward to.

"Osmi povjerenik" by Renato Baretić: I'll be reading this in Croatian and German parallel in July, to study Croatian and to get a Croatian reading experience.

"Зеленый шатер" / "The Big Green Tent by Lyudmila Ulitskaya: I love Ulitskaya and am looking forward to some pleasure (because not study related) Russian reading.

"The Left Hand of Darkness" by Ursula K. Le Guin: Again, I love Le Guin and want to read more by her. And more!

"The Campus Trilogy" by David Lodge: After graduating I'm thinking I might enjoy some campus lit again. ;-)

"Bleak House" by Charles Dickens: Dickens again! There is a wonderfully read librivox recording of this book and I'm very much looking forward to it.

"Vanished Kingdoms: The Rise and Fall of States and Nations": This looks so much like a history book that I would love so much. I tried starting it, but with all the school work I really couldn't focus on it.

"Michael Palin: Diaries": These must be amazing and I am so much looking forward to reading these!

"The Complete Journals of L.M. Montgomery": I read Vol.1 of the Selected Journals and when the Complete Journals came out I knew I must read them. I love everything LMM and these are such a wonderful and interesting and sad read.

"Fabian" by Erich Kästner: Somewhat forgotten and censured German classic, a satire that only this year will be published (or has been published by now) in its original uncut version. seriously looking forward to this one.



So: no new books here, just what has been on my TBR shelf for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment