Monday 6 October 2014

Starting now: The Poe Read-Along (Oktober, November, December)

I wanted to announce Poetober, but yeah, okay, that's not what we'll call it.
But I desperately need distraction in October (and November and December) and Edgar Allan Poe will do that.

I've been wanting to re-read Poe's short stories for ages and here's my - and your! - chance to do that.

I'll be reading this collection of Poe's work (this includes poems, too, but I'll just go for the tales for the time being):
Complete Tales and Poems

And as there are 73 stories in the first half of this collection (the second half is the poems), this Read-Along will start on October 6th and last for 73 days (i.e. end on December 17th).

Who's in? Just let me know in the comments or on Twitter (I'm @EdSpook). Everyone is welcome, the more the merrier!
Participation is not a strict thing, btw! If you feel like actually reading along all the stories with me, you're more than welcome! But if you only feel like discussion one or two stories, that's just as fine!
There's gonna be a goodreads group here: Poe Read-Along 2014
And the Twitter hashtag shall be #poeRA

If there are enough interested participants, I think a hangout would be fun, or some other live event. And whatever may come off it.

Happy Poe reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment