Saturday 11 October 2014

#fridayreads - Every other Friday still counts, right?!


Ooookay,... I'm still reading "The Bees". I really like it, I'm just not reading a lot these days and so it takes forever even to read a short book. But I'm really enjoying it.

I finished listening to "Our Mutual Friend" this week and have not yet really picked another audio book for my car. Partly because I'm trying to listen to some Poe tales on my MP3-Player to keep up to date with my (own) read-along.

But other than that I may be starting "Ready Player One" as my new commute audio book. Then again I'm kind of getting the feeling that "Neuromancer" is a kind of pretext for that one? So I feel like I should be reading that first. It's also on my TBR right in front of me.

I tried to read "We Three O", which has a very interesting premise, but then I really couldn't. The kindle version had too many typos or editing errors to make it easily readable and then the dialogue was really not... good. So I just stopped. Sad, because the story and idea sounded so promising... (a humankind with three sexes instead of two and also something about a disease...)

(... I need to stop with the "..." ... I probably won't, though...)

And on a non-fiction front I'm checking out some (mostly German) books on financial accounting... yep, that's happening. And the weird thing is, that it pleases me. FA gives me joy! (I'm also trying to follow a FA class on Coursera and enjoying that, too!)

In other news: I finally bought three single shelfs and hope to put them up soon so I can finally have some designated shelfs for MBR-books. That will be wonderful because then I don't have to keep them on my coffee table anymore (I need to have them in immediate reach!) and that means my poor books will have less coffee stains! So, yay!

Oh, and if you're reading this, also check out the Poe Read-Along!

No comments:

Post a Comment